Healthy soils for Europe: sustainable management through knowledge and practice
Call for expression of interest open until 14 February 2021
The EIP-AGRI seminar ‘’Healthy soils for Europe: sustainable management through knowledge and practice” will take place online on 13-14 April 2021.
This interactive event is dedicated to exchanging practical solutions to soil health problems, and discussing what needs to be done for farms to take them up.
The overall aim of the seminar is to raise awareness and address practical soil management challenges and solutions to enhance soil health.
The specific objectives of the seminar are:
- Raise awareness of the importance of soil health and introduce various EU initiatives undertaken to preserve it, such as EJP soil and the proposed EU mission “Caring for Soil is Caring for Life”.
- Promote and build upon the results and outcomes of past EIP-AGRI networking activities such as Focus Groups on soil-related issues and relevant workshops.
- Share experiences and good practices to maintain soil health, identified by relevant projects, research activities and farmers.
- Identify synergies between different types of projects working on soil health, and encourage further cooperation among participants through networking.
- Discuss challenges and solutions for soil health, and identify what is needed to make these solutions operational for farmers, foresters and other land managers, and make them widely used/adopted.